The Wreck of the Mary Deare is a 1959 Metrocolor British-American thriller film directed by Michael Anderson and starring Gary Cooper, Charlton Heston, Michael Redgrave, Cecil Parker,Richard Harris and John Le Mesurier, based upon the novel by Hammond Innes.
A merchant marine captain, Gideon Patch (Gary Cooper) decides to stay aboard a sinking ship, in order to prove that it was sabotaged to collect insurance on cargo that had secretly been off-loaded at Rangoon.
- Gary Cooper as Gideon Patch
- Charlton Heston as John Sands
- Michael Redgrave as Mr. Nyland
- Emlyn Williams as Sir Wilfred Falcett
- Cecil Parker as The Chairman
- Alexander Knox as Petrie
- Virginia McKenna as Janet Taggart
- Richard Harris as Higgins
- Ben Wright as Mike
- Peter Illing as Gunderson
- Terence De Marney as Frank
- Ashley Cowan as Burrows
- Charles Davis as Yules, Quartermaster on Mary Deare