The Big Boss (Chinese: 唐山大兄, also known as Fists Of Fury) is a 1971 Hong Kong martial arts action film written and directed by Lo Wei, with assistance from Bruce Lee. It stars Lee,Maria Yi, James Tien and Tony Liu. Bruce Lee's first major film, it was written for James Tien. However, Lee's strong performance overshadowed Tien, already a star in Hong Kong, and made Bruce Lee famous across Asia.
Cheng is a Chinese man from mainland China who moves to Thailand to live with his uncle and works in an ice factory. When a block of ice is accidentally broken, a bag of white powder falls out. Several of Cheng's cousins are asked to see the manager. The factory is really a front for a drug smuggling ring led by Hsiao Mi. When they refuse to cooperate, they are killed and their bodies disposed of.
Two more cousins go to Hsiao Mi's house but Hsiao Mi has them killed. The men at the factory riot. To ease tensions, the Big Boss now makes Cheng a foreman, providing him with alcohol and prostitutes. When one of the prostitutes tells Cheng the truth, he breaks into the factory at night and finds his cousins' bodies. He is discovered by the gangsters.
Cheng fights his way out, killing the Big Boss's son Hsiao Chiun in the process. When he returns home, he finds his entire family has been murdered. He exacts revenge by killing Hsiao Mi in a final fight. He then surrenders to the Thai police, who arrive shortly after he has disposed of the Big Boss
- Bruce Lee: Lee is Cheng Chao-an (traditional Chinese: 鄭潮安; simplified Chinese: 郑潮安; pinyin: Zhèng Cháo-Ān; Cantonese Yale: Zeng Ciu-On), who travels from China to Pak Chong,Thailand to stay with his uncle.
- Maria Yi: Chiao Mei is a typical "damsel in distress". She is Lee's love interest.
- James Tien: Cousin Hsu Chien is a martial artistist and gets into fights with the local gangs.
- Yin-chieh Han: Hsiao Mi ("The Big Boss") owns an ice factory which is really a front for his drug dealing.
- Lee Kwan: Cousin Ah Kun
- Tony Liu: Hsiao Chiun (Hsiao Mi's son)
- Chao Chen: Ah Sheng (Foreman)
- Chia Ching Tu: the Uncle
- Gam Saan: Cousin Ah Shan
- Billy Chan Wui-ngai: Cousin Ah Pei
- Lam Ching-ying: Cousin Ah Yen (also Assistant Action Director of the film)
- Peter Yang: Cousin Ah Chen
- Nora Miao: a local cold drinks vendor
- Peter Chan: Hsiao Mi's henchman
- Ma La Lene: Miss Wuman